Thursday 29 May 2008

De La Soul - Buhloone Mind State (1993)


Saw them on Monday and it was decent seeing them play a fair few songs off this album. People bang on about '3ft High' and '... is dead' all the time, but I still reckon this is the best. It's a far more mature and solid album than the first two, by finally managing to abondon all those skits and endless tracklists, De La pulled out something much tighter and more consistent. No idea why its so underrated , its insanely good. Just avoid track 6. Seriously, do.
All together now... "Mess up my mind, mess up my mind, mess up my mind with the eye patch!!"

De La Soul - Buhloone Mind State
1. Intro
2. Eye Patch
3. En Focus
4. Pattie Dookie
5. I Be Blowin'
6. Long Island Wildin'
7. Ego Trippin' (Part Two)
8. Paul's Revenge
9. 3 Days Later
10. Area
11. I Am, I Be
12. In The Woods
13. Breakadawn
14. Dave Has A Problem... Seriously
15. Stone Age

2 comments:

KHAQQ said...

Dude, start updating this blog again.

Holler at me @ my email if you get this and/or wanna trade some music.

DiscoSis1 said...

I just stumbled on this blog today. HOLY CRAP is it awesome! I agree with KHAQQ, PLEASE start writing again.